Did you break PCI irq probing on my ancient Thinkpad?

Tim Small tim at buttersideup.com
Tue Jul 8 20:40:33 BST 2003

Dominik Brodowski wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 05:23:42PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
>

>>>Immediate symptom is  no working PCMCIA slots.
>>>

>>Well ... this is tricky because I know there's been some tampering
>>with the PCMCIA code too.
>>

>Might be... a forward-port from 2.4.-ac proved to be (partly) wrong. Could
>you try the attached patch by rmk, please?
>
>	Dominik

Hmm, looking around the 2.4 version of this code, I wasn't entirely
comfortable with the way the code configured these TI bridges - it seems
to try to configure older chips in the same way as newer chips - and it
can end up writing to reserved registers and/or invalid values to
existing registers on older chips...

These might be of use:

http://www.buttersideup.com/files/ti1031.pdf
http://www.buttersideup.com/files/ti1131.pdf
http://www.buttersideup.com/files/ti1031.patch

the last is a patch against linux 2.4.20 that I used to get my TI1031
based SCM Microsystems "PCI Swapbox" to work.  Haven't had time to
finish it up, or forward port it to 2.5.x yet unfortunately...  It is
based on an earlier patch by Pavel Roskin, which - I think - got applied
to -ac

Cheers,

Tim.