planned socket driver interface change

Dominik Brodowski linux at brodo.de
Sun Apr 27 01:45:48 BST 2003

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 08:21:55PM +0100, Russell King wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 05:56:47PM +0200, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> > Comments?
>
> One other thing which is related to this area.  I'd like to kill off
> parse_events() and instead have a function which is called directly
> from the socket driver.  This would allow us to initialise the sockets
> as soon as the socket driver is loaded.

Excellent!

> However, this would involve fixing two things:
>
> 1. Passing some structure (ie, struct socket_info_t) via this function.

Please use struct pcmcia_socket. If you need some data which is currently in
socket_info_t, move it to pcmcia_socket. socket_info_t needs to go. (even
the name was used too often in pcmcia -- at least once in cs.c, ds.c and
cardmgr, IIRC. I was able to kill the one in ds.c already - cs.c is next)

	Dominik