[Linux-parport] how to make pci/pcie parallell cards working

Sudip Mukherjee sudipm.mukherjee at gmail.com
Tue May 21 03:06:48 PDT 2019

HI Karl,

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 9:48 PM <karl at aspodata.se> wrote:

> I have two pci/pcie parport cards I would like to get operational.
> Do anyone know how to get any of the two cards mentioned in the
> attached file parports_pci.log up an running ?

<snip>

> # echo -n 1 > /dev/parport0
> bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument
> # echo -n 1 > /dev/parport1
> bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument

You will need to claim the port first. Use an ioctl call of PPCLAIM on
the port before writing anything in the port.

And for the other card, can you please send me a dmesg from your
system and the details of the card.. And will you be able to build a
kernel if I send you a patch?

--
Regards
Sudip