[Linux-parport] EPP modes

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Mon Mar 3 06:56:19 EST 2008

A Dilluns 03 Març 2008, Stephen Mollett va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > ... the bios is claiming that it support EPP mode (and it's activated
> > ..). However the parport module says:
> > parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778), irq 7, using FIFO
> > [PCSPP,TRISTATE,COMPAT,ECP]
>
> In the BIOS, have you selected plain EPP mode or ECP+EPP mode? I tend to
> find that EPP devices only work properly when the port is set to EPP-only.

In the dell boxes I can choose:

epp
ecp
ps2

not ecp+epp modes.

In another box with a gigabyte mobo I have selected ecp+epp and the driver
detects:

parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778) [PCSPP,TRISTATE]
parport0: irq 7 detected

but, following your advice, chosing _only_ epp the driver detects it.

parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]

Howeber in the dell boxes it fails, although I select _only_ epp.

regards,

Leo