[Linux-parport] Linux v2.6.21-rc3

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 12:14:21 EST 2007

On Wednesday 07 Mar 2007, Michal Piotrowski wrote:
> BTW. Does anyone care about parport console?
> console=lp0 hangs since at least 2.6.18

For the record, I used console=lp0 quite recently (stock 2.6.19 according to
the printout, running on i386) [to find out what was causing a panic that
immediately vanished off the top of the screen because of "atkbd.c: Spurious
ACK..."s from the flashing kb LEDs] and it worked just fine.

The parport-related lines went:

lp: driver loaded but no devices found
parport: PnPBIOS parport detected.
parport0: PC-style at 0x378, irq 7 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
parport0: Printer, EPSON Stylus COLOR 600
lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven)
lp0: console ready

... then the kernel continued booting until the panic occurred (it was a silly
storage-related misconfig on my part).

If anyone wants me to try anything (newer kernel or different parport-related
BIOS settings, perhaps, to see if I can duplicate the problem?) and report
back, let me know.

Stephen