[Linux-parport] writing to /dev/lp0 causes hard lockup on SPARC Ultra 10

Patrick Simmons linuxrocks123 at netscape.net
Mon Jul 16 03:12:46 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've been having a problem with the parallel port driver on my Sun Ultra
10 that has been preventing me from upgrading to kernel 2.6.  In kernel
2.4, the Ultra 10 parallel port driver seems to work fine.  However, in
kernel 2.6, sending data to the parallel port causes an immediate hard
system lockup.

I don't have access to the system right now, so unfortunately I can't
perform tests, however I was just wondering if this was a known issue
and, if so, if anyone is working to fix it.

All the best,
   Patrick Simmons

--
This concludes tonight's presentation of Network Broadcast News, your
source for horror stories cut from whole cloth.  Good night, stay safe,