[Linux-parport] Seeking kbic driver device - KingByte KBIC-951A

Tom Walters dtvw at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 22:04:09 EST 2007

I am looking to get hold of an kbic-951A device, to replace a broken device.

Specifically, I am seeking the parallel-IDE interface board using the
kbic-951a chip/protocol. This is supported by the paride kbic driver. (Note
I am after a 951A-device, not a 971A one).

If anyone has an external enclosure/cdrom/hdd that uses this protocol,
please get in touch.
Typically found (I believe) in:

Maxbyte disklite
Amacom disklite
Amacom EZ disk, EZ CD (older versions)
Antec Datatank (ks410?)

and probably a host of other generic devices. Also, any info regarding other
(brand) devices that contain this chip that I could track down would be much
appreciated.

Regards,
Tom