[Linux-parport] Need to do simple reading from parallel port in bidirectional mode using the parport module

Suhas Ghugare sbg_chemical at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 04:35:44 EST 2007

I have gone through lot of literature / code on the list but was not able to found a simple program that reads a char from the parallel port that really works on my pc having bidirectional mode (ECP mode can be set in BIOS).

I am using Fedora core with Linux version 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp (as seen in the version info of /proc directory).
For testing purpose I have attahed a wire from strobe to any of the data line(eg. DATA_2) or from GND to any of the data line.

Regards,
Mr. Suhas B. G.