[Linux-parport] external streamer on /dev/pt0

Markus Maier maier.m at web.de
Wed Oct 19 05:04:02 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure my external HP Travan 14GB streamer using paride.
This is what I've managed to to so far:

--------------------
tux:/dev# modprobe paride
tux:/dev# modprobe epat
tux:/dev# modprobe pt
--------------------

Modules are being loaded and device /dev/pt0 is being created, but not
/dev/npt0. dmesg says:

--------------------
paride: epat registered as protocol 0
pt: pt version 1.04, major 96
pt0: Sharing parport0 at 0x378
pt0: epat 1.02, Shuttle EPAT chip c6 at 0x378, mode 5 (EPP-32), delay 1
pt0: HP COLORADO 14GBe, master, blocksize 512, 2458 MB
--------------------

Looking good so far, but what's next? I tried to retrieve the status of the
device, but this is just not working. Tape is not even accessed.

tux:/dev# mt -f /dev/pt0 status
/dev/pt0: Invalid argument

Any ideas? I think I'm pretty close to the solution, so if anyone could help
me...

Cheers,

Markus