[Linux-parport] ppscsi will not insert in kernel 2.6.13

Dion van Oirschot dion.van.oirschot at telenet.be
Fri Oct 14 16:24:38 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am a relative newbie but still hope to get my parallel port scanner
(Microtek Phantom 330X) working on my system.

I am working on a Pentium IV PC with kanotix 2005-3 (Debian unstable)
and a 2.6.13 kernel.

I installed the debian packet ppscsi-source on my system and compiled it
with module-assistant.
The packet compiled with no errors. But when I try to insert the module by:

modprobe ppscsi I get the following error message:

root at Dell:/home/Dion/My Downloads# modprobe ppscsi
FATAL: Error inserting ppscsi
(/lib/modules/2.6.13-kanotix-17/ppscsi/ppscsi.ko): Unknown symbol in
module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

dmesg gives:

ppscsi: Unknown symbol parport_get_port

I saw in the archive there was another posting concerning the same
problem and there was a patch agains kernel 2.6.10. Does this patch work
for 2.6.13 as well? And if so, how would I patch a the debian-source
package? Or do I need the source code itself?

Any help would be appreciated!

Greetings,

Dion