[Linux-parport] dummy parport

Dott. Stefano Cailotto cailotto at sci.univr.it
Thu May 19 12:50:33 EDT 2005

Hi all,
I'm new to the list and I have the following problem:
I have a rack server without a parallel port, but a program running on it (Xilinx Impact) needs it (even if it doesn't use it).
I tried to modprobe parport_pc, bt it fails to load (due, i suppose, to the lack of physical parport).
I was wondering if there's a way  (dummy parport o some other trick) to solve this problem, i.e. to make the program believe there's a parallel port.
Thank a lot,
Stefano
  Stefano Cailotto - Research Consultant
  Embedded Systems Design Center
  c/o  Dipartimento di Informatica - Universita` di Verona
  Strada le Grazie, 15 - 37134 Verona (Italy)
  email: cailotto at sci.univr.it
  tel: +39-045-802-7062 fax: +39-045-802-7068