[Linux-parport] HP scanjet 5300C on SuSE 10.0

Irene Quintana irenequintana at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 03:53:52 EST 2005

Hi,

I have an HP scanjet 5300C scanner and I have a SuSE 10.0 open source
system.
I want to connect use my scanner on my SuSE machine, but it is not auto
detected.
I've been searching for solutions in the internet and found something about
ppscsi.
I have downloaded the latest release of ppscsi from
http://penguin-breeder.org/kernel/download/
But since I'm a newbie and not familiar with these stuff I'm reading I seem
to be lost.

Can anyone help me configure my system?

It says in the README file that I should compile the modules with 'make' and
so I did but after that I dont know what to do next,
it just says load the modules, copy the modules (*.ko) to the modules
directory but then I dont know where to find it.

And then it also said something like insmod scsi_mod, insmod sg, insmod
parport, insmod parport_pc, insmod ppscsi, insmod epst
but they when I issue those command in the console window I got a "No such
file or directory" message.

Please help....

Irene