[Linux-parport] epst and 2.6.x kernel

Juanan Pereira chessy at diariolinux.com
Thu Jul 15 17:19:23 EDT 2004

Hi,

	I'm trying to make my HP 5100C scanner work with Fedora Core 2 and
Linux Kernel 2.6.7.

It worked with Fedora Core 1 and a 2.4.x kernel version, but it failed
with 2.6 series.

I've downloaded linux-ppscsi patch for kernel 2.6.x series from
http://penguin-breeder.org/kernel/download/linux-ppscsi-2.6.x.patch.gz

I apply the pathc without problems and then, after a make gconfig,
I've activated device-drivers/scsi low level drivers
				ppscsi --> as mule
				epst --> as module

After rebooting with the new kernel, I can see that
parport and parport_pc modules are already loaded.
I can also load ppscsi module w/o problems:
# modprobe ppscsi
but whenever I try to load the epst module , I get the following:  al

# modprobe epst
FATAL: Error inserting epst
(/lib/modules/2.6.7/kernel/drivers/scsi/epst.ko): No such device

I've verified that epst.ko module exists in that path.
I've set my PC BIOS to "Parallel Port Mode EPP" with no luck (same
problem with ECP+EPP)

I've checked my /proc directory and there isn't a /proc/parport  :-(
nor a reference to epst in /proc/scsi/scsi :-(

[chessy at alancox chessy]$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
[chessy at alancox chessy]$

Any clue?

Thanks for your help,