[Linux-parport] Slow printing on sun ultra5 (ECP).

Mike Mestnik cheako911 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 11:17:13 GMT 2004

I have recently put a slow sun ultra5(350 Mhz sparc) in as my print server and firewall.  Whenever
I print I get an dmegs that says "lp0: ECP mode".  Printing is realy slow and there is nothing
showing in top.  I must concluded that the ECP mode is too slow, how do I switch to EPP?  I looked
at the specs and docs and there is nothing on how to change the mode, only that EPP is supported.

Is there a tool or modparam that I should use?

parport0: PC-style at 0x1fff13043bc (0x1fff13047bc), irq 7731584, dma 0
[PCSPP,TRISTATE,COMPAT,ECP,DMA]
parport0: Printer, HEWLETT-PACKARD DESKJET 970C
lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).