[Linux-parport] EPP mode on SIIG Cyberparallel PCI

mike dillon md5 at embody.org
Sun Feb 22 09:07:03 GMT 2004

Hi all-

I sent this message a little over a week ago and got no response. I've
been subscribed since then, so I know this list doesn't get a lot of
traffic, but I was wondering if the silence in response to my question
just means I should return this thing.

Any help would be much obliged.

-md

---- 8< ----

Hello-

I just bought a Cyberparallel PCI card from SIIG to get an EPP-capable
parallel port on a new legacy-free motherboard. My goal is to use it to
drive an old UMAX parallel-port scanner.

The problem is that the port is not being recognized as supporting EPP.
I am attempting to use the card under the 2.6.2-1.74 kernel from Fedora
Core development.

Here is the output of `lspci -vvv` for the card:

0000:03:05.0 Parallel controller: Siig Inc CyberParallel (1-port) (prog-if 02 [ECP])
        Subsystem: Siig Inc CyberParallel (1-port)
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-

Here is the parport driver output from dmesg:

PCI parallel port detected: 131f:2020, I/O at 0x8800(0x8c00)
parport0: PC-style at 0x8800 (0x8c00) [PCSPP,TRISTATE]
parport0: cpp_daisy: aa5500ff(38)
parport0: assign_addrs: aa5500ff(38)
parport0: cpp_daisy: aa5500ff(38)
parport0: assign_addrs: aa5500ff(38)
lp0: using parport0 (polling).

Is there something I can do to get this card working in EPP mode, or
did I just buy the wrong hardware? It is listed as supported at
<http://people.redhat.com/twaugh/parport/cards.html>, so I assumed that
it would be supported in EPP mode, not just SPP.

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if I can provide any more
information.

-md