[Linux-parport] PCI-Card VScom 210L not detected

Erwin Volz erwvolz at bluewin.ch
Tue Aug 10 15:39:47 EDT 2004

Hello

I have now found the source of my problems, so I will close this tread.

Concerning the VScom 210L-Card, the problem was not parport_serial. The
problem was connected with the setserial-script, which tried to autodetect
all serial ports.
This autodetecting somehow colliedid with parport_serial. It also detected
only one of the two ports of the card, but that never bothered me much.
In the meantime I have changed the setserial-script to manual detection, and
now everything works perfect.

It took some time to find the root of the problem, but I lerned to build my
own kernel and several other things, so it was worth the trouble ;-)

Erwin Volz