[Linux-parport] ppdev and kernel panic

Nate Jenkins nate at uniwest.com
Mon Apr 19 12:37:11 BST 2004

I noticed something else that maybe of interest.  It may not have to do with
the claim as much as with what is on the status pins.

I tried to load 'ppdev' with and without the parallel port cable and it
looks like it may have something to do with it.  With the cable on, it will
not shut down correctly, but without, it seems to shutdown fine.

Last week, it was the opposite, with the cable it was fine but without it
would kernel panic after "halt".

What does this indicate?  Something to do with the ~BUSY or ACK bit state
maybe when releasing?

Nate