[PATCH v3] nvme-multipath: add fail_if_no_path sysfs attribute

Krishna Iyer kiyer at crusoe.ai
Mon Sep 28 06:16:07 PDT 2026


On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 09:43 AM, Keith Busch wrote:
> Okay, I see. Pehaps instead of having one controller export all the
> namespaces, why not configure your target to have multiple subsystems
> the client makes independent connections to for each namespace?

To confirm, I plan to post v4 as a two-patch series in a few days if I
do not hear further comments:

Patch 1: Default fixes you described
- Restrict queue_if_no_path so fast_io_fail_tmo is actually respected
  in the requeue path
- Make ANA inaccessible and persistent-loss paths unusable by default,
  no flag required
- Add requeue_list kick in nvme_update_ns_ana_state() when an ANA
  transition leaves the namespace inaccessible

Patch 2: The namespace-scoped attribute
- fail_if_no_path sysfs policy, rebased on patch 1's corrected defaults
- ABI documentation spelling out interactions with QUEUE_IF_NO_PATH
  and delayed_removal_secs

Let me know if you'd prefer a different structure or have further
direction.

Thanks,
Krishna



More information about the Linux-nvme mailing list