[PATCH v3 2/3] nvmet: avoid recursive configfs open for file-backed namespaces

Runyu Xiao runyu.xiao at seu.edu.cn
Mon Sep 21 01:17:45 PDT 2026


On Wed, Sep 2, 2026 at 12:32:02PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> This section of code really should have a helper in configfs.  And should
> also be used in other callers like the SCSI target patches you also sent
> out.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2026 at 07:26:04AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> +	ns->file = file_open_root(&path, "", flags, 0);
>
> Can we please still have this in the helper?

Thanks, understood. I will move the path lookup, configfs filesystem
check, and file_open_root() call into the common configfs helper, and
update both nvmet callers to use it.

I will also keep the target-core caller on the resolved-root path so the
db_root TOCTOU fix is preserved, rather than reopening db_root from its
mutable pathname.

I will send v4 in this thread.

Thanks,
Runyu



More information about the Linux-nvme mailing list