[PATCH v5 00/16] Add dmabuf read/write via io_uring
Pavel Begunkov
asml.silence at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 05:57:37 PDT 2026
On 9/10/26 21:58, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 9/10/26 2:55 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 01 Aug 2026 16:46:12 +0100, Pavel Begunkov wrote:
>>> The patch set allows to register a dmabuf to an io_uring instance for
>>> a specified file and use it with io_uring read / write requests. The
>>> infrastructure is not tied to io_uring and there could be more users
>>> in the future. A similar idea was attempted some years ago by Keith [1]
>>> (from where I borrowed a good number of changes). Later it was brough
>>> back up to life by Tushar and Vishal.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Applied, thanks!
>
> Eh no it is not applied, was just looking at the series locally and I
> guess it got added to the b4 ty pile.
>
> I am, however, wondering if we'll see a v6 of this soon? I had some
> comments on the nvme dma mapping, that can be improved, but I'd rather
> defer that to post getting this included.
Working on it
--
Pavel Begunkov
More information about the Linux-nvme
mailing list