[PATCH RFC] nvme-tcp: allow multiple queues per hctx

Sagi Grimberg sagi at grimberg.me
Fri Sep 11 14:44:11 PDT 2026



On 08/09/2026 20:10, Keith Busch wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2026 at 08:21:29AM -0600, Keith Busch wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 06, 2026 at 03:04:42AM +0300, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
>>> I'm wandering if you guys can do the same --duplicate-connect and setting
>>> mpath with round-robin/queue-depth would get you the same result? Perhaps
>>> we can add this flag to nvme discover/connect-all for simplicity?
>> Thanks, I'll give that suggestion a try. I think I also need to tie the
>> "duplicate_connect" option to the module's wq_unbound option too.
> Initial results show there's some promise to this suggestion, however, I
> think in addition to the wq_unbound, it looks like I also need to adjust
> the "io_cpu" to change to the submitter's CPU. I incorporated that in
> this RFC, but there's also a proposal specifically for that here:
>
>    https://lore.kernel.org/linux-nvme/20260820083634.71689-1-saravanand@crusoe.ai/
>
> I need to catch up on the discussion there, but from what I can tell,
> the cpu hint provided to the queue work appears to be important.

Cool. So you see that setting io_cpu explicitly better than simply using 
wq_unbound modparam?



More information about the Linux-nvme mailing list