[LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] State Of The Page

Matthew Wilcox willy at infradead.org
Fri Jan 19 08:24:29 PST 2024

It's probably worth doing another roundup of where we are on our journey
to separating folios, slabs, pages, etc.  Something suitable for people
who aren't MM experts, and don't care about the details of how page
allocation works.  I can talk for hours about whatever people want to
hear about but some ideas from me:

 - Overview of how the conversion is going
 - Convenience functions for filesystem writers
 - What's next?
 - What's the difference between &folio->page and page_folio(folio, 0)?
 - What are we going to do about bio_vecs?
 - How does all of this work with kmap()?

I'm sure people would like to suggest other questions they have that
aren't adequately answered already and might be of interest to a wider
audience.