【Bug】use-after-free in NVMe request double completion detected by kasan

Bagas Sanjaya bagasdotme at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 04:31:34 PDT 2023

On Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 02:23:21PM +0800, xiaohui li wrote:
> This bug only appears during concurrent stress testing, It has nothing
> to do with what kinds of nvme disk to use.
> Especially when conducting DDR stress testing, the consumption of DDR
> bandwidth is high. Once the NVME driver is under pressure, the NVME IO
> request times out,
> and then this use-after-free bug appears with high probability.
>
> and i find other pepole have also encountered this bug. such as below:
> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/6993136   (System crash due to
> use-after-free in NVMe request double completion)
>
> i have no v6.6-rc1 kernel,
> shall some one can give a bug-fix patch on 5.10.x linux kernel ?   many thanks.
Please don't top-post; reply inline with appropriate context instead. Replying
inline allows readers to follow the conversation flow.

Again, as I repeat, please test mainline kernel first. Since you're about
to compile your own kernel, there is a kernel documentation on it [1]. Or
you can follow Rocky Linux's guide ([2]) (as it is based on RedHat).

Thanks.

[1]: https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/quickly-build-trimmed-linux.html
[2]: https://docs.rockylinux.org/guides/custom-linux-kernel/

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara