[RFC v1 4/4] nvmet-discovery: do not use invalid port

Daniel Wagner dwagner at suse.de
Mon Sep 11 23:38:32 PDT 2023

 > We have 3 association:
> >
> >  assoc 0: systemd/udev triggered 'nvme connect-all' discovery controller
> >  assoc 1: discovery controller from nvme/005
> >  assoc 2: i/o controller from nvme/005
>
> Actually, assoc 1 is also a i/o controller for the same hostnqn as assoc
> 2. This looks more like it assoc 0 and 1 are both from systemd/udev
> trigger. But why the heck is the hostnqn for assoc 1 the same as the
> hostnqn we use in blktests? Something is really off here.
>
> The rest of my analysis is still valid.

I figured it out. I still used an older version nvme-cli which didn't
apply the hostnqn correctly. We fixed this in the meantime. With the
latest git version of nvme-cli the second I/O controller is not setup
anymore and the crash is gone. Though we still don't cleanup all
resources as the kernel module complains with

[41707.083039] nvmet_fc: nvmet_fc_exit_module: targetport list not empty