Fwd: Lexar NM790 SSDs are not recognized anymore after 6.1.50 LTS

Felix Yan felixonmars at archlinux.org
Thu Sep 7 10:50:06 PDT 2023

On 9/4/23 14:07, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice a regression report on Bugzilla [1]. Quoting from it:
>
>> I bought a new 4 TB Lexar NM790 and I was using kernel 6.3.13 at the time. It wasn't recognized, with these messages in dmesg:
>>
>> [ 358.950147] nvme nvme0: pci function 0000:06:00.0
>> [ 358.958327] nvme nvme0: Device not ready; aborting initialisation, CSTS=0x0

Hi,

This looks very much the same as the other MAXIO MAP1602 issue mentioned
in:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/7cd693dd-a6d7-4aab-aef0-76a8366ceee6@archlinux.org/
and Lexar NM790 is indeed also using the same controller.

And as I have mentioned there, 6.1 LTS kernels work without a problem
because there are some differences at calculating the resulting timeout
value. Latest kernels including the 6.5.x branch makes the ending result
zero and breaks all 4 TiB SSDs with this controller as far as I know.

--
Regards,
Felix Yan