[LSF/MM/BPF] Running BOF

Matthew Wilcox willy at infradead.org
Fri Mar 3 21:03:53 PST 2023

Sunday May 7th is the Vancouver Marathon, and both Josef and I are
registered.  As such, neither of us may be feeling much like joining
or leading a run.  If anyone else is interested in participating,
https://bmovanmarathon.ca/ offers 8km and 21.1km races as well.  If you
just want a spot of morning exercise, I can suggest routes, but will
probably not join you.

For those concerned about how the marathon will affect getting around
Vancouver, you can see the various course maps:

https://bmovanmarathon.ca/marathon#course (8:30am-3pm)
https://bmovanmarathon.ca/halfmarathon#course (7am-11am)
https://bmovanmarathon.ca/8km#course (9:30am - 11am)

Don't expect to walk around Stanley Park until the marathon is over.
The Skytrain from the airport will be largely unaffected (possibly
infested with sweaty runners).  Bus routes may have diversions in place,
but the roads will open once runners are no longer using that particular
stretch, so eg Cambie & 49th will reopen to traffic quite early while
Pacific & Georgia will remain closed for much of the day.

If you want to come out & cheer for Josef and/or myself, let us know
and we can suggest good spots.