[RFC v1 0/3] Unifying fabrics drivers

Daniel Wagner dwagner at suse.de
Thu Mar 2 00:15:11 PST 2023

On Thu, Mar 02, 2023 at 03:02:38AM +0000, Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
> On 3/1/2023 12:27 AM, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> > The two fabrics rdma and tcp share a lot of common code. This here is my attempt
> > to consolidate the common code.
> >
> > I've picked just one function (setup admin queue) for this RFC to get a feeling
> > and feedback if this is a valid approach or if people hate it. I've left out fc
> > for the time being because it differs too much two the other two drivers.
> >
> > I've tested quickly tcp, rdma is only compile tested.
> >

> It is really hard to give any feedback without seeing entire code.

Surely you can give some feedback, for example does this approach make sense, or
do you think we should reorganize the data structures?

> What kind of impact this will have on the current TCP offload series
> once it is merged ?

I don't expect a lot of impact at all. The common code between tcp and rdma is
the state machine code and not the transport bits. The offload code doesn't
touch any of the code I would touch.

See it's not so hard to give some feedback?

Daniel