Fwd: Need NVME QUIRK BOGUS for SAMSUNG MZ1WV480HCGL-000MV (Samsung SM-953 Datacenter SSD)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jul 12 10:34:05 PDT 2023

On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 at 09:57, Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 09:51:52AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > Christoph, you are *literally* involved in a discussion where this is the case.
>
> Yes.  But that's not never ever.  Enterprise storage devices have been
> pretty very good at it, because it is part of the purchase specs.

Your basic logic is lacking.

"Humans are animals" and "Some animals have four legs" are both
undeniabvly true.

That still does *not* mean "Humans have four legs".

And yet hat is *literally* the kind of nonsense you are spouting.

I very much say that "some devices will not have UUID's".

That's a *FACT*.

You then say "Some devices have UUID's, so all devices must have UUIDs".

That's *STUPID*.

Can you really not tell the difference?

           Linus