Seeking for help with NVMe arbitration questions

Wang Yicheng wangyicheng1209 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 12:03:05 PDT 2023

Thanks Chaitanya for confirming!

Given that the kernel module doesn't support configuring device-level
arbitration, I'm now trying to leverage the I/O queues to achieve the
same goal. If you could kindly help with the following questions it
will be much appreciated!

1. Is there a way to query the type of each I/O queue and which CPU it
resides on?

2. Is there a way to control which queue a submitted I/O goes into?

3. Say I have only 1 default queue and I submit an I/O from some CPU,
then there can be a chance that the I/O would need to cross CPUs, if
the default queue happens not to be on the same core right?

Best,
Yicheng