WTF is going on with the nvme-cli build

Daniel Wagner dwagner at suse.de
Mon Apr 17 07:32:35 PDT 2023

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 08:06:52PM +0900, Damien Le Moal wrote:
> Replacing 'pkg-config' with 'pkgconf' and reconfiguring+compile still gives the
> same error.

Just checked what my local machine uses. It's also pkgconf and there is
wrapper around the invocation, similar what Fedora does:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/pkgconf/blob/rawhide/f/platform-pkg-config.in

I suspect one of those environment variables includes the path the
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

> But I think I found the issue: I had a
> /usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig/json-c.pc file pointing at /usr/local/include/json-c.
> Not sure how that garbage ended up there. Removing this file and compilation is ok.

That's also a solution :)

> My apologies for the noise.

All good. I am sure this know-how on pkg-config will be helpful in future :)