[LSF/MM/BPF] Running BOF

Thu Apr 13 11:28:52 PDT 2023

On Sat, 2023-03-04 at 05:03 +0000, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> Sunday May 7th is the Vancouver Marathon, and both Josef and I are
> registered.  As such, neither of us may be feeling much like joining
> or leading a run.  If anyone else is interested in participating,
> https://bmovanmarathon.ca/ offers 8km and 21.1km races as well.  If
> you just want a spot of morning exercise, I can suggest routes, but
> will probably not join you.

For those of you who fancy something more scenic and less damaging to
the knees, Mike and I were planning a hike around the chain lakes trail
by Mt Baker:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mbs/recarea/?recid=80181

As long as there's been no recent snowfall, both the trail and the
Bagley Lakes trailhead should be accessible.  The Rangers have been
known to keep Chain Lakes closed until June, so we might have to go
along one of the other trails instead.

Mike and I are planning to drive up early on Sunday from Seattle, but
it is possible to drive from Vancouver as well if you have a car
(There's a US$5/car charge at the car park).

Regards,

James