WTF is going on with the nvme-cli build

Daniel Wagner dwagner at suse.de
Thu Apr 13 00:07:29 PDT 2023

Hi Christoph,

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 11:52:34PM -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> can you please urgently fix nvme-cli to have a sane build system
> again?

Please, let's not be so drastic and I would argue all build system have their
wards. We just need to figure out how to handle them.

> Right now it tries to download random packages over the internet
> instead of not building components or failing the configuration.

Which version are you using? I've recentely change the default behavior of the
fallback mechanisme but might have missed something. Alternatively, it also
possible to change the global default for this feature.

The flag in question is:

  meson setup --wrap-mode=nofallback .build