[RFC v3 1/1] nvme: add passthrough error logging opt-in

Chaitanya Kulkarni chaitanyak at nvidia.com
Wed Apr 5 21:24:03 PDT 2023

>>> passthrough_logging is a bit misleading as it doesn't indicate it is
>>> going to log only passthrough errors. `passthrough_error_logging` is a bit
>>> verbose but it is more apt for what this sysfs entry is doing. Maybe
>>> an abbreviation for passthrough_error_logging?
>> Since we are looking at only opting in to passthrough admin commands,
>> how about we call it:
>>
>> /sys/class/nvme/nvme0/pt_admin_error_logging
> I would make `passthrough` short to `passthu` as it looks like we don't use
> `pt` as a short for passthrough in drivers/nvme/[host|target].

right it's "passthru" not "passthu", see :-

/sys/kernel/config/nvmet/subsystems/tests
├── allowed_hosts
├── attr_allow_any_host
├── attr_cntlid_max
├── attr_cntlid_min
├── attr_firmware
├── attr_ieee_oui
├── attr_model
├── attr_pi_enable
├── attr_qid_max
├── attr_serial
├── attr_version
├── namespaces
└── passthru
     ├── admin_timeout
     ├── clear_ids
     ├── device_path
     ├── enable
     └── io_timeout

passthru_admin_err_logging should to the trick ...

-ck