blktests failures with v5.19-rc1

Bjorn Helgaas helgaas at kernel.org
Tue Jul 19 15:31:27 PDT 2022

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 04:50:36AM +0000, Shinichiro Kawasaki wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2022 / 17:16, Keith Busch wrote:

> > > I'm not aware of such a test, but it would be nice to have one.
> > >
> > > Can you share your qemu config so I can reproduce this locally?
> > >
> > > Thanks for finding and reporting this!
> >
> > This ought to be reproducible with any pci device that can be
> > removed. Since we initially observed with nvme, you can try with
> > such a device. A quick way to get one appearing in qemu is to add
> > parameters:
> >
> >         -drive id=n,if=none,file=null-co://,format=raw \
> > 	-device nvme,serial=foobar,drive=n
>
> Did you have chance to reproduce the WARN? Recently, it was reported
> again [1] and getting attention.

I have not paid any attention to this yet.  From what I can tell, the
problem was discovered by a test case (i.e., not reported by a
real-world user), it is not a recent regression, we haven't identified
a commit that introduced the problem, and we do not have a potential
fix for it.  Obviously it needs to be fixed and I'm not trying to
minimize the problem; I just want to calibrate it against everything
else.