nvme-tcp: invalid h2cdata pdus in response to r2t

Jonathan Nicklin jnicklin at blockbridge.com
Wed Feb 23 15:39:14 PST 2022

As recently as 5.16.10, when a target issues an r2t, the host driver
responds with an h2c pdu of whatever length was requested. If the
requested r2t length exceeds MAXH2CDATA, the response causes a fatal
transport error.

In reviewing the code, the driver does not appear to generate multiple
h2c pdus in response to an R2T. We're a bit confused because commit
1d3ef9c3a39e seems to indicate that the code behaves otherwise.

I can see there was some discussion and work on this back in November.
Is there any plan to incorporate the fix? If so, is this likely to
make its way into LTS kernels?

Thanks,
-Jonathan