nvme nvme0: I/O 0 (I/O Cmd) QID 1 timeout, aborting, source drive corruption observed

J. Hart jfhart085 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 04:07:09 PST 2022

I have replaced the Kingston NV1-E 500 GB NVME SSD drive with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVME SSD drive.  I retained the same PCIe controller (Mzhou M.2 NVME SSD-PCIe 4.0 X4 adapter).  I then attempted the same rsync transfer at single user run level as I had done before with the Kingston NVME SSD.  The transfer has apparently completed successfully and without incident. No unusual log messages or corruption was observed.

J. Hart