can't run nvme-mp blktests

Luis Chamberlain mcgrof at kernel.org
Wed Apr 13 11:08:53 PDT 2022

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 10:53:40PM -0700, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On 4/12/22 17:24, Luis Chamberlain wrote:
> > I do have CONFIG_NVME_MULTIPATH=y but I also have:
> >
> > cat /etc/modprobe.d/nvme.conf
> > options nvme_core multipath=N
> >
> > And yet I always end up booting with:
> >
> > cat /sys/module/nvme_core/parameters/multipath
>
> Is the nvme_core module loaded from the initial ramdisk or from
> /lib/modules? In the former case, does the initial ramdisk perhaps have to
> be regenerated?

No, no ramdisk, but I just had to use the /etc/default/grub file to set
nvme_core=N as the /etc/modprobe.d/nvme.conf was not being picked up
for whatever reason.

cat /etc/modprobe.d/nvme.conf
options nvme_core multipath=N

Either way, from a test automation perspective this requirement is a
pain, as I can't do a change dynamically at run time. So for this test
I have to manually change a kernel boot param. Is doing the required
changes dynamic not possible in the future?

I take it that it does not make sense at all to have multipath=N for all
blktests tests.

  Luis