[ANNOUNCE] libnvme v1.0 and nvme-cli v2.0

Daniel Wagner dwagner at suse.de
Tue Apr 12 01:04:13 PDT 2022

A bit late but still: I'm pleased to announce the libnvme 1.0 and
nvme-cli 2.0 release.

nvme-cli 2 is using the newly introduced libnvme library which was
splited off from nvme-cli 1.x two years ago. There was a lot of
refactoring and rewriting to make the API between nvme-cli and libnvme a
bit more generic and also useful for other projects to consume libnvme
(e.g. nvme-stas).

nvme-cli 2 is supposed to have all the features nvme-cli 1 has but due
to branch being created two years ago we might miss a patch or two from
nvme-cli 2.

We added a few features to the libnvme/nvme-cli such as in-band
authentication support or TP8013/TP8014 support. But since we didn't
have a release on these two branches for ages, I lost a bit the overview
what is in. Hence, I am leaving out the detailed list of changes, as it
a big long and not that interesting.

A big thanks for everyone who was involved to get this release done!

Daniel

ps: as usual as soon the release is out bug reports are in...