consultation about NVME_SGL_FMT_INVALIDATE not set when using nvme-rdma t10-pi

liruozhu liruozhu at huawei.com
Wed Oct 27 01:50:57 PDT 2021

Hi Max,

I was testing T10-PI feature of nvme-rdma recently, and found that when
using T10-PI, nvme-rdma driver did not set NVME_SGL_FMT_INVALIDATE flag
in the sgl type field, so the host software needs to do invalid rkey by
itself. I tried to add the flag to test it. Turns out T10-PI feature is
still working, and I get better IO latency with it enable.
I read the original patches in the mailing list, and found that patch v1
set this flag. But it was silent dropped on patch v5 without any
comments. Is it for any special considerations to delete it?

Thanks,
Ruozhu