Namespaces on MZQL2960HCJR-00A07

Keith Busch kbusch at kernel.org
Mon Oct 11 12:12:49 PDT 2021

On Sat, Oct 09, 2021 at 10:53:15AM +0200, Michael Fuckner wrote:
> I have a system with 2x PM9A3 (FW GDC5302Q) and nvme1 shall use namespacesfor testing.
>
> I could use nvme detach-ns, delete-ns and create-ns, but it fails at attach-ns the new namespace to make it usable:
>
> test135:~ # nvme id-ctrl /dev/nvme1|grep -e nn -e cntlid
> cntlid    : 0x6
> nn        : 32
> test135:~ # nvme attach-ns /dev/nvme1 --namespace-id=1 -controllers=0x6

The long options should use "--" rather than just the single "-". I'm
unsure if that changes the parsing, though.

> NVMe status: Controller List Invalid: The controller list provided contains invalid controller ids(0x211c)
>
> Any idea how to attach this or other namespaces back so I can use the drive?

Was the namespace attached to cntlid 0x6 prior to the detach/delete part
of the test?

When you created the namespace, did the output confirm the namespace was
created as nsid 1?

Is the namespace attached to any other controllers? You have to specify
multi-controller enabled when creating the namespace in that case.