libnvme questions

Keith Busch kbusch at kernel.org
Wed Mar 10 20:48:44 GMT 2021

On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 03:14:02PM -0600, Tony Asleson wrote:
> 1. There is interest in utilizing the libnvme library for some other
> projects, when is an official release of the library planned?
>
> 2. Is it planned for nvme-cli to utilize libnvme?

This is my bad, I fell behind the task due to mutliple conflicts of
time, but I am back on this right now. The plan is to tag nvme-cli v1.14
within the next few weeks, then make the shift to libnvme integration
on a "2.0" version for future work on the master branch. This would
coincide with an official libnvme stable release.

I honestly do not have enough devices to regression test all the
features, so I will continue to maintain nvme-cli 1.x branches as long
as necessary while ironing out any integration issues.

> 3. Any plans on adding functionality for NVMe management interfaces to
> the library, e.g. NVMe Enclosures?

Will be happen to incorporate any features that are in-spec.