RFC: nvme-cli: add "nvme monitor" subcommand

Martin Wilck martin.wilck at suse.com
Tue Jan 26 06:41:16 EST 2021

Dear all,

I've been working on a small daemon for monitoring and acting on
NVMe discovery-related events. While pondering over various recent
issues, it occured to me that this might be useful:

Currently it handles only AENs and NVME-FC uevents, but it can be
extended to other protocols in the future.

Following the "publish early" principle, I'm posting this here now.
My test results were positive so far.

I've created a github PR with all the details here, please have a look:

https://github.com/linux-nvme/nvme-cli/pull/877

Issues with the CI came up after I submitted this, I'm working on that.

Feedback would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Martin

--