[RFC] qla2xxx: Add dev_loss_tmo kernel module options

Himanshu Madhani himanshu.madhani at oracle.com
Tue Apr 20 15:51:27 BST 2021

Hi Daniel,

> On Apr 20, 2021, at 7:37 AM, Daniel Wagner <dwagner at suse.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Randy,
>
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 09:19:13AM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
>>> +int ql2xdev_loss_tmo = 60;
>>> +module_param(ql2xdev_loss_tmo, int, 0444);
>>> +MODULE_PARM_DESC(ql2xdev_loss_tmo,
>>> +		"Time to wait for device to recover before reporting\n"
>>> +		"an error. Default is 60 seconds\n");
>>
>> No need for the \n in the quoted string. Just change it to a space.
>
> I just followed the current style in this file. I guess this style
> question is up to the maintainers to decide what they want.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Some of the instance in the file needed \n for readability of Module options. In this particular instance,
I would rather move \n so that the message is displayed on same line and default option on second line

Something like following

>>> "Time to wait for device to recover before reporting an error.\n"
>>> "Default is 60 seconds\n");

With the change mentioned above I am ok with this patch. You can add my R-B when you send official patch.

--
Himanshu Madhani	 Oracle Linux Engineering