How to submit a patch to linux-nvme

Belanger, Martin Martin.Belanger at dell.com
Wed Apr 14 20:16:42 BST 2021

I would like to add a new functionality to the linux-nvme driver. I read the "submitting-patches" document (https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.17/process/submitting-patches.html), but I have a few questions.

The document recommends asking maintainers which tree to use. The file "linux/MAINTAINERS" shows that the tree "git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git" exists. Is that what I should use to make my changes or should I use the mainline tree "git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git"?

It is my understanding that patches should be submitted to this email list. Is that the only thing I need to do, or should I also submit a pull request?

Thanks,
Martin