libnvme questions

Chaitanya Kulkarni Chaitanya.Kulkarni at wdc.com
Fri Apr 9 04:58:46 BST 2021

On 4/8/21 00:52, Padmakar Kalghatgi wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 11:16:02PM +0000, Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
>> On 4/7/21 05:46, Padmakar Kalghatgi wrote:
>>> Along with this, we planned to implement the sideband MI command handling in QEMU.
>> why ?
>>

> Add MI command emulation and avoid HW dependency for development and
> testing.

Absolutely not. With this logic we have to implement entire NVMe command
set.Current QEMU implementation is lean, I'd like to keep that way and not
bloat it just for the sake of testing unless there is a kernel component
that is consuming MI interface and I don't think so we will have it
anytime soon.