[PATVH V2 1/3] nvmet: add ns tear down label for pt-cmd handling

Sagi Grimberg sagi at grimberg.me
Fri Aug 7 13:37:06 EDT 2020

> In the current implementation before submitting the passthru cmd we
> may come across error e.g. getting ns from passthru controller,
> allocating a request from passthru controller, etc. For all the failure
> cases it only uses single goto label fail_out.
>
> In the target code, we follow the pattern to have a separate label for
> each error out the case when setting up multiple things before the actual
> action.
>
> This patch follows the same pattern and renames generic fail_out label
> to out_put_ns and updates the error out cases in the
> nvmet_passthru_execute_cmd() where it is needed.

This patch seems fail when applying:

$ git am -s mail/chaitanya-pt-fixes/1
error: cannot convert from y to UTF-8
fatal: could not parse patch

Google search suggest that maybe the file is corrupted, but not sure.

Did you do something special with your environment?

Patches 2+3 do not have this issue.

Strange...