Nvme over fabrics controller reset issue

James Smart james.smart at broadcom.com
Tue Mar 20 10:07:34 PDT 2018

If you sent a SetProperty as a pass-thru, the initiator side will have
no clue about controller reset happening as it won't be snooping the
commands.  What should happen is for the controller side to reset the
controller, contacting the transport to delete the connections.  I would
have expected that to happen on the CC.EN=0. Thus, the CC.EN=1 should
not have succeeded - it should have timed out, at that point, or upon
the first detection of an issue talking to a controller-terminated
associaton.

It is a bug that nvmet fabrics-cmd.c doesn't terminate the controller if
CC.EN=0.

-- james