[GIT PULL] nvme fix for 4.16-rc6

Jens Axboe axboe at kernel.dk
Fri Mar 16 09:26:24 PDT 2018

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 09:14:34AM -0700, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> On 3/16/18 9:01 AM, Keith Busch wrote:
>>> Hi Jens,
>>>
>>> One last fix from Jianchao to address a troubling scenario Ming identified
>>> with offlining CPUs that could leave nvme controllers unusable. We can
>>> not allow that to occur, so we wish to include a new IRQ spread that
>>> prevents that situation.
>>
>> Since this isn't really a regression in this release, how about
>> we push this one to 4.17 instead?
>
> It is a regression in 4.15.  So I think we should fix this ASAP.

It's not that I dislike the patch (in fact it makes the code
easier to read), but it's pretty late for something that isn't
a regression in this series. I can queue it up for some testing,
but it's then -rc7 time. I guess we can see how it goes and
push the decision until start next week.

--
Jens Axboe