NVMf initiator persistent across boots

Johannes Thumshirn jthumshirn at suse.de
Thu Mar 8 05:26:56 PST 2018

On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 03:15:42PM +0200, Max Gurtovoy wrote:
> Yes, I got it.
> IMO if you will add:
> -t rdma -a 1.1.1.1 -s 4420 -w 1.1.1.2
> -t rdma -a 1.1.1.1 -s 4420 -w 1.1.1.3
>
> to the discovery file it should be fine.
> I think we'll need to fix few things in nvmecli and in the driver too.
> I'm checking this.

Hmm interesting. This probably was too obvious for me to try...

> > Good question. I'd be fine with both. The only thing that should be
> > considered as well is, if you already need the nvmf connection in the
> > initrd, you'll have to rebuild the initrd after each change of
> > /etc/nvme/discovery.conf and thus every nvme
> > persist-add/persist-remove (or discover --persistent) call.
>
> Let's assume that we don't need it for now, otherwise it will be unpleasent
> :)

Given the number of "Boot from SAN failed with XXX" Bugs I have seen
the last years I doubt we won't need it ;-).

But yes we can think about this in step two I guess.

--
Johannes Thumshirn                                          Storage
jthumshirn at suse.de                                +49 911 74053 689