Reconnect on RDMA device reset

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Tue Jan 30 09:24:56 PST 2018

On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 17:03 +0200, Oren Duer wrote:
> Not sure why we need to keep track whether it is the same device or not.
> I fail to understand why we trust the system admin to create the connections
> at the beginning, but we should not trust him anymore if the device was
> removed, a new device was added in place of it, and it was configured with the
> same network IP/subnet. To me it looks like the admin wanted exactly that:
> for the connections to be restored over the new device.

In my original email, I pointed out that I didn't know how the NVMe over
Fabrics was doing addressing.  If it were like SRP, then it wouldn't
work because the device GUID is part of the addressing scheme, so a new
device wouldn't automatically show as matching that address.  If,
however, you use IP like iSER, then yes, I agree fully you can just test
the ability to route over the new device using the IP address and
restore if it works.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
    GPG KeyID: B826A3330E572FDD